Thursday, August 30, 2007

Early Morning August Blooms

In my front yard, I've been working on this circular flower bed for the past seventeen years. Some years I have fantastic flowers that bloom from early spring to early autumn. Other years, due to my hectic schedule, it's only full of weeds with the occasional daffodil or lily blooming for a short time.

This summer, this flower bed has provided many beautiful flowers I'd like to share in pictures. When I woke up this morning, the sun was beginning to rise, bathing the pedals with fabulous light. During July and early August, butterflies, bumble bees and one lone hummingbird were fluttering among the pink hibiscus and butterfly bush. This, one might say, is my first successful attempt at a prayer garden.

Enjoy the pictures.



My little garden facing west


The last flowers of my gladiola


The pink hibiscus


Red and yellow blooms of the dahlia


The little bird bath that needs water

One of the pleasures I've had was to bring fresh flowers from my garden to mass on Sundays. It's also been nice to have flowers from my yard on my table. I'm hoping next summer that I'll have more flowers to share.

In Serenity and Joy
Andrea

2 comments:

Marsha+ said...

I love the large stone where you have the bird bath. I love rocks and gems in general and I think that they add such a nice touch to a garden.

M+

Andrea (Acolyte) said...

The bolders are really nice. They have always been there since I was a young child growing up in this house. They were great to climb on, now I get to decorate them with bird baths. :)