Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Beginnings of Transformation

My husband and I worked in the yard over the weekend. We ended up spending quite a bit of money at Molbacks in Woodinville, but it was worth it. For years we've had these boulders in our backyard that was over run by weeds. Throughout this last summer we've been planting herbs and flowers to make this section more pleasant. I've taken some photos of our new flowers.

This section of the backyard has a patio area where we have our social gatherings. To the east of the patio is where we'll plant the meditation/prayer garden. Right now my family is getting rid of unwanted and dead plants. Hopefully by spring of 2008 we'll have some beds to plant flowers in. During the fall and winter I plan on purchasing some pots when they are not so expensive to enhance the surroundings of both the social area and prayer garden. For now, this is our humble beginning towards beauty and peace in the suburbs.


The blue lobelia


Pink Flowers (I can't remember the name right now, but they look pretty)


Yellow Flowers (Again I can't remember the name)


Delphia, the blue reminds me of Sophia


And my very own "Rose of Sharon". I can take pictures of my own flowers and not borrow them from images on Google.

In Serenity and Joy
Andrea

No comments: