Sunday, September 9, 2007

Gnostic Recipes

After mass today, we had conversation over coffee, wine and food. During the course of the conversation, we discussed compiling a Gnostic Cook Book. So I thought perhaps all of us out in the blogosphere could share our various recipes and come up with catchy names.

One title was Haggis Sophia. Though some of the congregation contemplated after the descent of Haggis, if there would be an ascent. I've had lutefisk, but have yet to try haggis.

Anyway, if you would like to share any recipes, please do so. I know I'd like to get Marsha+'s recipe for her lavendar oil.

In Serenity and Joy
Andrea

8 comments:

Marsha+ said...

how about some Lavender Syrup for cooking.
My Lavender Oil is for incense. :)

1 Cups Sugar
1/4 Cup Lavender
1 Cup Water

Crush some of the Lavender to help release the flavor. Bring all three indreients to a boil while stiring. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for a few minutes until syrup starts to thicken.
Strain and bottle in something pretty.
This will keep for some time.
Use it in Lavender Lemonaid
Pancakes
Scones
Coffee
Chocolate
You get the idea. It goes in everything!

Pax,
Rev. Mom the Kitichen Witch!

Yes you can use it in the offical cook book

Andrea (Acolyte) said...

I meant to say lavender syrup, really :)

Thanks for the recipe. If I get enough, I'll put all recipes in a word document with proper acknowledgment and e-mail them to whoever would like a copy.

Thanks Marsha!

Jeremy Puma said...

Donald Donato and I have been half-jokingly discussing this very thing for a while now, as we both write rather extensively about food on our sites. We were thinking "The Gnostic Gourmand," but "Haggis Sophia" is pretty freakin' awesome. :)

Feel free to use anything from my site under the "food" category.

Andrea (Acolyte) said...

Thanks Jeremy. I may do that. I'll see how many posts I get.

If people really want to share recipes, we could also do a Gnostic Recipe Blog with team members.

Btw Marsha, the lavender syrup goes really well in black ice tea

Chocolate Girl said...

reading this thought you might be interested in Gnosis Chocolate... http://www.SoDoSomethingAboutIt.com

Andrea (Acolyte) said...

Hi Vanessa,

I bookmarked your website this last weekend. Looks great! Welcome to our little Gnostic Group.

In Serenity and Joy
Andrea

Chocolate Girl said...

Thank you so much Andrea! Enjoy the chocolate :)

HATTIE said...

Does anyone know where/how I can buy Gnosis Chocolate?
Call 1 212 388 8509 and leave message. Thanks.