Monday, September 17, 2007

A New Twist to the Incredible Edible Egg

There was a time I thought I didn't enjoy cooking. But I find creating a dish for myself and my family to be a spiritual experience. It's also easier when I have time to cook, like I did this last weekend. Normally during the week I just grab whatever is available in the kitchen, maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a bowl of cereal. But during the weekends, I have a bit of time to create new dishes. And this morning I tried a new twist to the egg, which many of you have already done before. But this is my version.

A little side note: I never give measurements out, because I figure people have different tastes and tolerance for seasonings. So measure at your own discretion.

Ingredients:

Eggs (two per person)
Olive Oil
Green onions
Fresh Basil
Minced Garlic
Cheese
Oregano
Rosemary
Thyme
Basil
Marjoram
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Tomatoes

Procedure:

Cut green onions and fresh basil. Heat olive oil in the frying pay and sauté green onion, basil and garlic until succulent. Beat eggs. Turn down heat and put eggs in frying ban, add oregano, rosemary, thyme, basil flakes, marjoram, salt and pepper. Stir. Add grated cheese and fold into egg mixture. After eggs are cooked, place on plates and put fresh tomatoes on the side of the egg dish. You can serve this with salsa if desired. Enjoy.

If you have any egg dishes you'd like to share, please do so! I'd love to hear from you.

In Serenity and Joy
Andrea

2 comments:

Marsha+ said...

HI Andrea,

Venessa posted a comment on my blog and sent me this link. Thought you may like it too.
It is for "Gnosis Chocolate"

http://www.SoDoSomethingAboutIt.com

Pax,
Marsha

Andrea (Acolyte) said...

Thanks for the link, I bookmarked the page to explore for later!

In Serenity and Joy
Andrea